Many customers think that it is a product quality problem because the screen is not properly maintained, resulting in a reduction in the service life of the LED display screen. So how to save and maintain LED display?
This post shows some tips for you to save and maintain LED display.
Chapter 1. Routine Maintenance Precautions
(1) The LED Display main control computer and other related equipment should be placed in an open, dusty room to ensure that the computer is ventilated and cooled and works stably.
(2) Metal objects that are easy to conduct electricity such as water and iron powder are strictly prohibited in the LED. The LED billboard should be placed in a low-dust environment as much as possible. Large dust will affect the display effect, and too much dust will cause damage to the circuit. If water enters for various reasons, please turn off the power immediately and contact the maintenance personnel until the display panel in the screen is dry before use.
(3) The opening process of the LED display: Turn on the control computer to make it run normally, and then turn on the LED Display.
(4) The closing process of the LED display screen: Turn off the LED display firstly, turn off the control software, and then turn off the computer. (Turn off the computer first without turning off the display screen, which may cause bright spots on the LED screen, burn the lamp, and cause serious consequences).
(5) It is required that the power supply is stable and the grounding protection is good. Do not use it under harsh natural conditions, such as strong lightning, typhoon, etc.
(6) It should be avoided as far as possible to open the LED screen in the state of full white, because it is the maximum power state at this time, and its impact current to the entire power distribution system is the largest.
(7) When playing, do not stay in full white, full red, full green, full blue and other full-bright screens for a long time, so as not to cause excessive current, excessive heating of the power cord, damage to the LED lights, and affect the service life of the LED. Do not disassemble or splice the screen at will!
(8) Keep the humidity in the environment where the LED display is used, and do not expose it to a humid environment for a long time.
(9) It is recommended that the LED display has a rest time of more than 2 hours a day, and the LED screen is used at least once a week during the rainy season. Generally, the screen is turned on at least once a month, and it is lit for more than 2 hours.
(10) The surface of the LED screen can be wiped with alcohol, or dusted with a brush or a vacuum cleaner, and cannot be wiped directly with a damp cloth.
(10) The LED Display needs to be regularly checked for normal operation and whether the line is damaged. If it does not work, it should be replaced in time. If the line is damaged, it should be repaired or replaced in time. Non-professionals are prohibited from touching the internal circuit of the led display to avoid electric shock or damage to the circuit; if there is a problem, please ask a professional to repair it.
Chapter 2. How to save the LED display if it has not been used for a long time
After receiving the goods, the LED display has not been used for a long time or needs to be stored for a period of time after being used up. The storage method is as follows:
10%-65%RH ambient humidity
The LED Cabinet is turned on at least once a day, and each time it is guaranteed to work normally for more than 4 hours.
＞65%RH ambient humidit/rainy season
Dehumidify the environment in which the screen is used to ensure that the screen works normally for more than 8 hours a day.
10%-85%RH ambient humidity
The LED Cabinet is turned on at least once a day, and each time it is guaranteed to work normally for more than 2 hours.
＞90%RH ambient humidit/rainy season
Dehumidify the environment in which the screen is used to ensure that the screen works normally for more than 4 hours a day.
The above screen is lit, and it starts to age from low light, so as to avoid the short circuit of the led light/IC due to moisture, so that it does not work.
(2) In each package, a dryer or moisture-absorbing bag of no less than 50g should be placed, and the dryer or moisture-absorbing bag should be inspected for failure regularly, and it is best to replace it every 2 months.
If the LED display is stored for more than 1 month, the brightness of the screen should be gradually increased and aged for 12 hours before use:
- Full brightness is set to 10% for one hour
- Full brightness is set to 30% for one hour
- Full brightness is set to 60% for two hours
- Full brightness is set to 80% for one hour
- Full brightness is set to 100% for one hour
Cycle the above steps to complete the 12-hour aging, so as to complete the dehumidification treatment of the LED module.
If the lamp/IC is not used for a long time and the lamp/IC is damp, the following conditions may occur:
Chapter 3. Tips for Protecting LED Screen Form Humidity
Various electronic components inside the LED display are greatly affected by moisture. Abnormal LED pixel columns and dead pixels caused by moisture will reduce the overall quality, service life, and viewing experience of the LED display.
Among them, the lamp tube and IC are susceptible to moisture, which can lead to short circuits and malfunctions. The most common phenomenon is LED caterpillar failure.
The “caterpillar” phenomenon refers to a series of long bright bars appearing on the screen of the display screen. The length of the bright bar is determined by the number of scans of the display.
When the number of scans is N, the bright bar is a row of LED beads composed of N dots, and the bright bar does not change with the change of the screen.
The main causes of the “caterpillar” phenomenon are the following:
- The binding force of the lamp bead package is insufficient
- Insufficient chip-cutting precision
- The use environment is humid
- Insufficient internal dispensing control of LED packaging production
Therefore, pay attention to moisture-proof in the process of using the led display. We have summarized a few tips for indoor and outdoor LED displays.
In indoor environments with high humidity such as indoor swimming pools, moisture-proof measures for LED displays are also indispensable.
Tips to protect indoor led display panel from moisture
(1) More ventilation, keep the indoor environment well ventilated.
(2) Guarantee that the led display can work more than two hours a week.
(3) Physical dehumidification measures. Turning on the air conditioner or preventing desiccant can help reduce the humidity in the working environment of the led display.
(4) It is best not to place liquid around the LED display to prevent liquid from penetrating the LED display. If you accidentally get it on the screen or case, please blow dry or wipe dry immediately. Two hours later it was booting up.
Outdoor led billboard moisture-proof measures
(1) Choose a led display panel with high waterproof measures. The waterproof level of the outdoor led display is mostly IP65.
(2) When installing, pay attention to the waterproof treatment between the led module and the box. Make sure that the box does not get water.
(3) Pay attention to leaving a drainage channel during installation. Prevent standing water.
(4) After the Led digital signage has been working for a period of time, it is necessary to regularly check whether there is water seepage inside the cabinet and carry out maintenance.
So, these were a few tips on how to save and maintain LED displays. Follow these crucial tips carefully to keep your advertising tool in good condition for a long.