When we buy a display, we always see terms such as refresh rate, grayscale, and contrast in the product specification of the merchant. So what is the led display refresh rate? What effect will different LED display refresh rates have on the display effect? This article will give you the answers.
There are currently two LED screen refresh rates in the display industry, 1920Hz refresh rate, and 3840Hz refresh rate. What is their difference? Is the refresh rate of the display higher the better? Let’s read now!
1. What is the led display refresh rate?
In simple terms, the LED display refresh rate refers to the times the electron beam repeatedly scans the image on the LED screen. Its unit is Hz. The refresh rate represents the number of times the screen is refreshed per second.
The refresh rate is a parameter indicative of the LED display device itself. And it is also an important indicator to characterize the stability and non-flickering of the LED video wall.
Therefore, the higher the refresh rate of the led screen refresh rate, the better the stability of the displayed images and video images. So the refresh rate will affect the price of the display. It is worth noting that the refresh rate and resolution restrict each other, so the LED display screen with high resolution and high refresh rate is more beautiful.
What is the frame rate?
It is easy to confuse the concepts of frame rate and refresh rate. The frame change frequency unit is also Hz, which refers to the number of times the picture information is updated per second. Simply put, it means how many frames per second the video has.
For example, when we watch a video on the led screen, the images are still. It is familiar with slides. Due to the visual dwell effect of human eyes, if the dwell time of the two pictures is shortened, the coherence of the video will be better. The frame rate is generally 25Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, etc. The higher the frame rate, the better the continuity of the changed image.
The frame rate of the program source and the led screen refresh rate will affect the image quality. The two are complementary.
For instance, we play a movie with a frame rate of 24Hz on a led video wall with a refresh rate of 3840Hz. Then each frame of the movie is refreshed 3840/24=160 times by the display screen. The human eye cannot perceive such a fast picture flickering, so the fluency of the video on the led screen is good.
2. 1920hz refresh rate VS 3840hz refresh rate
I believe that many users have encountered such a situation: for the same display screen, it is clear to the naked eye. But when shooting with a mobile phone or camera, there are always some irregular stripes in the picture. It may be caused by the low refresh rate of the screen.
At present, in the LED display screen industry, two main display refresh rates are 1920Hz refresh rate and 3840Hz refresh rate. The display screen with a 960Hz refresh rate has gradually faded out of people’s sight due to the flickering and shaking of the screen and the poor display effect.
2.1 Differences between 1920hz refresh rate and 3840hz refresh rate
(1) Display effect. The higher the refresh frequency, the faster the screen refreshes, and the clearer the image seen by the human eye. The refresh rate of the high-brush display can reach 3840Hz, and the normal refresh rate is 1920Hz.
The difference between the two displays is indistinguishable to the naked eye when playing pictures and videos. But it can be seen using mobile phones and high-definition devices.
3840hz refresh rate VS 1920hz refresh rate
(2) Shooting effect. The display screen with a 1920hz refresh rate will have obvious water ripples when the mobile phone takes pictures. And the image will shake and flicker. However, the led video wall with a 3840hz refresh rate can meet higher shooting requirements, ensure the shooting effect, and reduce the phenomenon of water ripples.
(3) Visual experience. Flickering and shaking the screen will cause visual fatigue. Prolonged viewing is not good for the eyes. Compared with 1920hz, 3840hz refresh rate led display is less harmful to eyes.
(4) Price. The higher the refresh rate, the better the corresponding IC and configuration quality. The cost between the 1920hz refresh rate and the 3840hz refresh rate is different. You can choose according to your needs and budget.
2.2 Advantages of choosing 3840hz refresh rate
(1) The picture texture is clear and delicate, the color is vivid, and the degree of reduction is high. With high-quality program sources, the publicity effect is better.
(2) The 3840hz refresh rate can meet the shooting and photography requirements. A high refresh display is more suitable. For example, some large-scale parties, press conferences, and other occasions need to be televised or broadcast live.
For example, when broadcasting NBA basketball games, the camera equipment needs to shoot the funnel-shaped LED video scoreboard. A high refresh rate led display can present a better picture effect.
(3) The high-brush display is more eye-friendly and less harmful to the eyes. The viewing experience for the audience is better.
(4) LED display with high refresh rate has gradually become the mainstream of the LED screen industry. Application areas include conference rooms, party stages, command centers, exhibition halls, museums, gymnasiums, hotels, and other places.
P2 indoor display -Kinglight +3840Hz refresh rate
3. How to improve the refresh rate of the led display?
Through the above information, we have understood the importance of led screen refresh rate to image quality. So how to get a high led screen refresh rate? How to get a high-resolution led display screen?
More LED display manufacturers use high-brush PWM driver ICs to improve the refresh rate of LED displays. Regular displays can reach a 1920hz refresh rate. A fine pixel pitch led display can reach a 3840hz refresh rate.
High-quality driver ICs help achieve high refresh rates, gray levels, and image expressiveness. With the advancement of driver IC manufacturers’ technology, mid-to-high-end LED displays have been able to achieve a balance between the three aspects.
4. Is the higher the led screen refresh rate the better?
Is the higher the refresh rate of the full-color led display, the better? The answer is no. The way of use is different, and the focus on the performance indicators of the led screen is also different.
Firstly, for the naked eye, the visual refresh rate above 60Hz has been perceived as a continuous picture, but the viewing experience with a high refresh rate is indeed better.
Secondly, the cost of high-brush LED screens is higher than that of low-refresh LED screens. The high-brush led screen can meet the needs of close-up photography, lens playback, etc.
This article has compiled some information about the led display refresh rate for you. It includes a comparison of two led screen refresh rates: 1920hz refresh rate and 3840hz refresh rate. If you have any questions about the led display, contact us.