In many places outdoors, we can see the application of LED display products. Due to the differences in application fields and installation environments, different forms of LED display screens are installed in different ways. Do you know what are the installations of outdoor led display?
For outdoor LED display screens, they are mainly working outdoors. The installation method is different from that of ordinary indoor LED display screens. The installation requirements are not the same with indoor LEDs. Since people’s outdoor vision is less obstructed and the viewing distance is farther than indoor LED screens, LED display screens generally have a larger area. In general, a steel structure is essential to bear the weight of more LED components. Auxiliary equipment such as electric cabinets, air conditioners, and axial fan lighting is also placed inside the steel structure. Installers are also required to prepare ladders, inspection tools, and other maintenance equipment to enter the maintenance corridor for maintenance.
So what are the installation methods for outdoor LED displays? What are the precautions during the installation process? If you are interested, let’s read it together!
Precautions during the use of outdoor LED display
The area of the outdoor LED display is generally larger, ranging from tens of square meters to hundreds of square meters or even much larger. Because of its high brightness and large viewing angle, outdoor LED display play an important role in outdoor advertising, stations, squares, shopping malls, etc. As a form of outdoor media, LED display screen has unique advantages. Outdoor media refers to the media for advertising information set up at outdoor venues such as the roofs of major buildings, the front doors of commercial areas, and roadsides.
Large outdoor LED displays are usually used for advertising, traffic information, and outdoor stage lights. You can see it in major cities, and it has become a highlight of the city. In the process of use, there are some precautions you must understand.
Outdoor LED display screens are generally larger and heavier in structure. Therefore, the structural design of the display is very crucial. First of all, we must consider the main factors such as wind resistance, earthquake resistance, and bearing capacity. Secondly, the structure and shape of the screen are best coordinated with the installation environment.
The viewing angle means the position where viewers can see the image adequately. You can measure it in horizontal and vertical directions.
If the position of LED screens is higher than horizons, the vertical viewing angle is critical. For instance, hanging or pole-mounted LED screens. Unit Customized Size Outdoor Fixed LED Display is a good choice. It has an ultra-wide viewing angle. In the 140/140 viewing angle, People can view the image from multiple angles.
The viewing distance can be an appropriate distance that you can see the image on the LED screen.
You can judge the correct viewing distance not only from the pixel pitch but also the total size of the LED screen. In addition, the installation of outdoor LED screens also needs to consider the position of audiences. For example, the large LED display beside the highway mainly provides information for vehicles, so the viewing distance should be very far.
Precautions during the installation of outdoor LED display
- Lightning protection measures for installation structure
To avoid strong electromagnetic interference caused by lightning, the screen body of the LED display screen and the protective layer of the outer packaging must be grounded. And there are also requirements for grounding resistance, which must be less than 3 ohms. It can drain away the current caused by lightning timely through the ground line. It will not interfere with the operation of the display.
- Waterproof, dustproof and moisture-proof measures
Due to the outdoor working environment of LED display screens, waterproof and dustproof measures are necessary. In addition, the seamless connection should be made at the junction of the box body and the box body, as well as the junction of the screen body and the installation object under force, to avoid water leakage and dampness.
Unit Customized Size Outdoor Fixed LED Display adopts the Unit’s unique protection technology to make the display reach IP65 level. It can work perfectly in any weather conditions. IP65 high protection grade guarantees, durable, reliable, anti-ultraviolet, and stable.
- Efficient cooling device
It is more appropriate to keep the internal temperature of the screen between -10°C and 40°C. The display studio itself will generate heat. If the ambient temperature is too high and the heat can not be dissipated in time, the integrated circuit may have a short circuit failure. Therefore, ventilation and heat dissipation is necessary.
Each cabinet has four airfoil fans, so that UNIT Outdoor’s fixed LED display can be cooled immediately. The ventilation rate is 6.6 cubic meters per minute, and the air in the cabinet circulates 25 times per minute.
Five common installations of outdoor LED display
This time we introduce five outdoor LED display installation types.
1. Hanging Installation
1) This installation type is usually used indoors and semi-outdoors.
2) Hanging installation is easy to see at the entrances of passages and corridors and the entrances of stations, train stations, subways, etc.
3) It is used for traffic instructions on roads, railways, and highways.
2. Wall Embedded Installation
1) The entire LED display is embedded in the wall, and the display plane is on the same horizontal plane as the wall.
2) General use of front maintenance (front maintenance design)
3) This installation type can be used indoors and outdoors, but it is generally used for screens with small spacing and small display areas.
4) Generally used for building entrances, building halls, etc.
3. Column Installation (single column and double column)
There are many ways to install pillars, generally used as outdoor billboards:
1) Single column installation type: suitable for small screen applications
2) Double-pillar installation type: suitable for large-screen applications
4. Wall Mounting Installation
1) The wall mounting installation is usually used indoors or in semi-outdoors.
2) If the display area is small, there is generally no maintenance access. The whole LED display can be taken out of the wall for repair.
3) The screen area is slightly larger, and the front maintenance design is generally adopted (that is, the front maintenance design, which usually adopts the column assembly method)
5. Building Roof Installation
1) In this installation method, The key consideration is how to make the display screen and the steel frame structure resistant to wind.
2) Mostly used for outdoor advertising display
3) To ensure a better viewing angle, the display screen usually has an inclination angle of 5°-8°with the wall.
This article briefly introduces some precautions and installation methods of outdoor LED displays in the use process. The most important thing is that the installer must strictly follow the operating procedures to ensure the quality of the installation.